Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oh how I love to color...


I really can't explain how much or even why I love to color, but I do. The whole act of it is so relaxing for me, not just coloring with markers, but water coloring... heck even painting the walls in our house. I love it all, taking something blank and completely boring and making it pop with color! This is one of the cards I made where I really paid attention to the coloring part. The DP was blog candy, thanks again Karie and the image is a retired Stampin' UP! valentine set that I got a couple of years ago I think. I tried to pull out as many "coloring in" sets as I could find and seriously, I have only 3-5 good ones. For some reason I have a lot of sentiments and sets with decorative lines. Lately I have been trying to be more picky when it comes to buying stamps and really get more with actual images to color in. I think I need to go through my sets again and try to trade them or sell them.
Anyway.... enough of my blah blah blah about coloring. I made this card for Allison's Water challenge. Not sure that it fits the challenge since you can't see any water, but there is an umbrella. LOL! Well, I need to go work on some Graduation announcements and get my Friday Card Flick edited for tomorrow. Hope you all have a nice evening. See ya tomorrow!

*Update: I stamped the image with black Stazon Ink on water color paper and colored in with Tombow markers. Easy peasy!! Thanks Cat for asking :)

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my...this is too cute! I have never seen this set before! What a super coloring job and I love the DP with it! Thanks for playing!

Laura Davis said...

Awwww this is darling Pam! I love to color to:)
Laura

Cat Tidwell said...

Wow! Love the card! Your coloring on it is awesome! What did you use?

Erica Bass said...

You are great at coloring! Love this card!