Saturday, July 19, 2008

CPS Sketch 73


WOW what a day I had yesterday, and OH my goodness thanks to all of you for your fabulous comments and emails. You sure know how to make a girl blush, tee hee! I got the acceptance email for the Top 15 PC Gallery Idol and your comments and emails poured in. I could hardly keep up with you all yesterday. Then I found out that my Owl card made "Card Of The Week" as well as having a "Shout Out" for my FCF over at Susanna Boyd's blog "Card Of The Week .com". If you haven't stopped by her site before you really must. She picks out some of the coolest work that people are creating and puts it all in one place. AWESOME! So all of this in one day...yikes, gee no pressure to make a Round 2 card HA HA! I think I need to name my Owl card...what do you think "Al the Owl" ha ha! I am sure my DH would love that I named my card after him don't you. LOL! Congrats to the ladies who made the Top 15 list. To the five ladies who didn't make it onto the next round, please know that you did a fabulous job on your cards and that I am so honored to have met you and see your work. You are all extremely talented and amazing women!!
Alrighty, before I get teary eyed, onto the CPS sketch card. I am not really sure how this card happened, it just happened. The pattern paper is actually tissue paper for gift bags. I crumpled it up and glued it down to a piece of white card stock then cut to the size I needed, 4"x 4". I made the little curve out of Very Vanilla then decided to add to strips of black to kind of hi- light it. Threw on some black and white buttons that my Mom just got me (thanks Mom!!) and tadaa! It is definitely different, not that I don't like it, but it is different.
Well I have a super busy weekend ahead of me. My little brother is in town for a few days and I can't wait to see him. My Aunt is also coming into town later today. She is my Mom's twin sister and we always have a blast when she comes out, can't wait.
Have a wonderful Saturday and thanks again for all the love!!

8 comments:

Jens Place in Space said...

Wow this card is awesome to! Your getting very famous arent you lol! Isnt it going to be so fun to get all the goodies you have won already. Have fun with your guests. Jen

Karen Kelly said...

I absolutely LOVE the buttons on this card! Too cute! Congrats on the Idol contest--can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Allison Rankin said...

Love this layout and the drama of the color palette!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this, those buttons in the middle look great! Good luck in the next round of gallery idol.

chloe said...

I lurv the scllop trim and the buttons on this Pam!

Donna Baker said...

well, you're so deserving of ALL the recognition & kudos-your stuff ROCKS! love this card too...

Lea L. said...

Congrats on making it through PC Gallery Idol! Good luck on the next round!

This card is so pretty...I just adore the colors! Great job on the CPS sketch!

Also- I am doing a giveaway on my blog if you want to check it out!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

LOVE your take on the CPS sketch!