Friday, March 26, 2010

Citrus...I can't get enough


I was debating on what I should post for today, so I went blog surfing and found this adorable inspiration board from Half Baked- The Cake Blog. (Check out their blog for a better look at all of their photos)
The color scheme here smacked me in the face. I am in LOVE with Citrus colors right now!! I think I am going to have to figure out something to make this weekend using these colors. Hmmm whatever shall I make though??? I know I have some pretty gray satin ribbon and I am sure I have orange & yellow cardstock...hmmm what to make what to make.

Since I am talking about inspiring colors take a peak at my Inspiration Friday challenge over at Party Starters. See how those colors inspire you. Leave a comment over there and get your name entered a drawing for a gift certificate.

Anyway back to citrus I have been craving Key Lime pie, so I found this recipe over at Better Homes & Gardens. May have to try this out...

Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
Prep: 30 min.
Chill: 8 hrs.
Ingredients
  • 6 squares low-fat honey graham crackers, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
  • 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1 4-serving-size pkg. sugar-free low-calorie lime-flavored gelatin
  • 3/4 cup boiling water
  • 1 16-oz. container fat-free cottage cheese (1-3/4 cups)
  • 1 8-oz. pkg. fat-free cream cheese, softened
  • 1 8-oz. container frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
  • Key Limes or limes, cut in wedges (optional)

Directions

1. In small bowl combine graham crackers, margarine, and sugar. Press crumb mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart square baking dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

2. In large bowl combine gelatin and water. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.

3. In blender or food processor combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down sides. Whisk 1/2 cup of the cottage cheese mixture into the gelatin mixture. Whisk in remaining cottage cheese mixture until smooth. Fold in whipped dessert topping. Spoon filling over chilled crumb mixture.

4. Cover and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours or until filling is firm. To serve, cut in squares. Top with lime wedges. Makes 9 servings.



I will be back Monday with whatever it is that I decide to create using Orange, white and gray. If I decide to make some of these tasty Key Lime squares I will share that as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Pam

No comments: