Wednesday, March 31, 2010
It was SO nice to sit and just play in the little time that I did have. I got to try out some of the new SU clear stamps, which are AWESOME! Love how well the images stamp and how clear they are. FABULOUS!!
As for my studio, well....its a work in progress...didn't have one second to finish up what I started Saturday, but it has improved. I ended up getting another 4 orders last night, so I will be working on those today. Maybe I just need a sign that says "Excuse My Mess"??!! OH well, it will eventually get there and I will have pictures to prove it!
Thanks for your comments yesterday they were much appreciated and I am glad I tickled your funny bone.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Since I have SO much stuff to get rid of now Jen and I are going to have a Party Starters Open House this month as well as craft sale. If you are in the Denver area, leave me a comment and I will get you an invite!
I have been cleaning and working on orders since Saturday morning so I don't have a Citrus photo to share, but maybe you can find something Citrusy colored in my mess. LOL! I will for sure share a project tomorrow though.
Friday, March 26, 2010
I was debating on what I should post for today, so I went blog surfing and found this adorable inspiration board from Half Baked- The Cake Blog. (Check out their blog for a better look at all of their photos)
The color scheme here smacked me in the face. I am in LOVE with Citrus colors right now!! I think I am going to have to figure out something to make this weekend using these colors. Hmmm whatever shall I make though??? I know I have some pretty gray satin ribbon and I am sure I have orange & yellow cardstock...hmmm what to make what to make.
Since I am talking about inspiring colors take a peak at my Inspiration Friday challenge over at Party Starters. See how those colors inspire you. Leave a comment over there and get your name entered a drawing for a gift certificate.
Anyway back to citrus I have been craving Key Lime pie, so I found this recipe over at Better Homes & Gardens. May have to try this out...
Key Lime Cheesecake Bars
- 6 squares low-fat honey graham crackers, finely crushed (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 4-serving-size pkg. sugar-free low-calorie lime-flavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 16-oz. container fat-free cottage cheese (1-3/4 cups)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 8-oz. container frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
- Key Limes or limes, cut in wedges (optional)
1. In small bowl combine graham crackers, margarine, and sugar. Press crumb mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart square baking dish. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. In large bowl combine gelatin and water. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
3. In blender or food processor combine cottage cheese and cream cheese. Cover and blend or process until smooth, stopping several times to scrape down sides. Whisk 1/2 cup of the cottage cheese mixture into the gelatin mixture. Whisk in remaining cottage cheese mixture until smooth. Fold in whipped dessert topping. Spoon filling over chilled crumb mixture.
4. Cover and refrigerate 8 to 24 hours or until filling is firm. To serve, cut in squares. Top with lime wedges. Makes 9 servings.
I will be back Monday with whatever it is that I decide to create using Orange, white and gray. If I decide to make some of these tasty Key Lime squares I will share that as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tuesday night we had a massive snow storm here in Denver. We actually had our third snow day for this school year, which never happens. While it was nice to have a break from the old routine of getting up early & taking our three kids to three different schools I am ready for them to go back today even if its only for a couple of days.
Next week starts Spring Break and I am trying to think of some ideas that we can do that for one don't cost a fortune and two will entertain kids from the ages of 5 to 13. These, might just do the trick...Caramel covered strawberries...yummers! All three of our kids love to mess around in the kitchen, so these should be fun to make! Maybe instead of nuts though, we might try to drizzle some chocolate on top....ugh my mouth is watering!
Hey, thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to check out my segment on Party Starters today, Tasty Treats Thursday!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
OH my Paper Askew Studio...its been too long, how I have missed you!
I have decided I can not give up on the blog that really got me jump started into the craft world. Plus I have missed all of you, my sweet followers! Oh how I have missed you more!
Since I am not making a ton of cards, not because I don't love to, but because I just don't have a whole lot of time to anymore. I will now be posting anything and everything that I happen to create and things that inspire me. I hope you don't mind.
First up I wanted to share a sneak peak of some mini cupcake picks that I created today. Why just a peak you ask? Easter is quickly approaching and these are part of my post for my "Thursday Tasty Treats" segment on my Party Starters blog tomorrow. Swing on over and check them out!
I WILL be back tomorrow here as well...thanks for checking in!